Accommodation at the Meeting Hotel
A block of King and Twin rooms is being held for ICPP participants at the Westin Grand Munich hotel in Germany.
The Westin Grand Munich, located at Arabellastraße 6 | 81925 Munich, is also the site of the meeting, and ICPP attendees are therefore encouraged to book rooms at this hotel in order to maximize interactions among participants both before, during and after the scientific sessions.
At this time, two options are currently available for the booking and payment of rooms by ICPP10 participants.
1) The first is to pay directly through the ICPP10 website as part of the registration process where one can book half of a Twin Room at a rate of 550 Euro for six days of the meeting (Sunday arrival and Saturday departure). A form requesting the names of people sharing a room will be sent from the SPP office in Dijon to all registered participants selecting this option. The SPP office will also assist in assigning a roommate to those who are in need of this service.
Because the number of Twin (two bedded) rooms available at the meeting hotel is limited, participants who anticipate having a roommate are encouraged to book and pay for their "half room" early along with their registration.
2) The second option, is intended for individuals wishing to book a King Deluxe room (one large bed) for the full six days of the meeting and is done through the hotel website via a link which will list the negotiated ICPP rate for single or double occupancy. Additional nights before and after the meeting may also be booked at the ICPP10 negotiated rate. A link to the ICPP10 hotel booking page is given below.
ICPP-10 Participants : Click HERE to book a King Deluxe Room at the Westin Grand Munich Hotel
Several variations on the above hotel booking options are also be possible and are listed below.
3) Couples who both attend the scientific sessions and wish to share a King Deluxe room for two people at the Westin Grand Munich can each pay 550 Euro along with their individual registrations.
4) Individuals attending the scientific sessions who wish to book a King Deluxe room for one person at the Westin Grand Munich can pay the 550 Euro hotel booking fee along with their individual registration and this will be used a deposit to hold the room. The balance of 550 Euro will then be paid directly to the hotel at the time of the meeting. A form requesting the names of people desiring a single King bedded room will be sent from the SPP office in Dijon to all registered participants who pay the 550 Euro amount with registration.
5) Individuals attending the scientific sessions who wish to book a King Deluxe room for less than 6 nights will be able to do so through SPP office in Dijon. Details on this option will be given at the end of the early registration period.
a. Two attendees who reserve their rooms using the ICPP10 block of reserved rooms will have both the cost of their room and their registration refunded in full and thus be given free participation at the meeting in Munich.
b. Two attendees who reserve their rooms using the ICPP10 block of reserved rooms will be given a free ten volume set of the Handbook of Porphyrin Science.
The four winners of the above items will be selected by a drawing of names from the reservation list of attendees who have booked rooms using the ICPP10 block of rooms, with the first two or first three winners being able to decide which award they want, either the cash rebate or the books. The drawing will be held at the Wednesday banquet and the attendees do not have to be present at the banquet to win.